Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Throwing it out there...

So, one thing we did not discuss at last book club was politics. You all know I don't care that much about actual politics, but I do like talking about the people involved in them.

So, what does everyone think of Sarah Palin? And her current treatment in the media?

Discuss.

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Honestly, I probably won't write a big comment, because I'm Sarah Palined out, but I really think the way she has been treated is unfortunate. And I don't even really love her.

Women in politics are in a lose/lose situation. They don't have kids, they are a family hating career hungry woman, they do have kids, they are a bad parent who doesn't focus on her family.

Blah.

Caitlin said...

I'm a little Sarah Palined out too, and it bothers me a bit how blatantly political it was for McCain to choose her.
However, I don't think she's been treated fairly either. Kristina's right about the lose/lose thing.

Kristina P. said...

Caitlin, I know a lot of people, especially women, are very bothered by him picking her in a move that was clearly political, and they feel pandered to.

Honestly, this isn't an issue for me. It's politics. Every move will be political and they will do whatever it takes to win.

And it appears to be working, since McCain is leading Obama in the polls now. This is actually the first election I've ever been involved in where I can honestly say I'm OK with either candidate. Still don't know who I'm voting for.

Nick and Lexie said...

I actually kinda like Sarah Palin. She's got balls. I love how feisty she is. I don't agree with her on anything, but I love even more how she seems to not let the media bother her at all. I think the media was too tough on Hillary and they are too tough on Sarah. When it comes down to it, people struggle with a woman in power, they just do.

Nick and Lexie said...

I meant to say I don't agree with her on everything.