I am holding the next book club and I had an epiphany on the way home...why not choose the book that I am in the middle of right now (and enjoying), rather than add a new one to my list. Maybe that seems obvious to other people, but I was so excited about reading 1776 that I was ready to jump the gun. I decided I needed to come home and post on the blog right away in case anyone went out and got 1776 tomorrow.
I hereby declare that in October we will read Complications: A Surgeon's Note on an Imperfect Science, by Atul Gawande. I thought it would be fitting for our group, because of all the people in the medical field. I know Anne has already read it and it is one of Carly's favorite books...but I think that is still legal and I am pretty sure they both wouldn't mind discussing it.
Don't be intimidated...I hate needles and I am really interested in the book.
Mark your calendars, Friday October 10th 8:00 my place. I will email my address.
Category talk:Mesoionic compounds
4 hours ago
2 comments:
Thanks for letting us know! I was going to start 1776 today :)
I'm going to email/blog the new schedule at some point today or tomorrow, but now I don't have rush because everyone knows what the book is.
So good to see you last night!
Excellent choice on the book Meredith. I am committing NOW to be there.
Post a Comment