Tuesday, December 2, 2008

January's Book

I have read multiple books in the last few weeks, hoping that one of them would just call to me "pick me for book club". Alas, no such calling occurred, so I am picking a book that I have not pre-screened. That way, I guess it won't be upsetting if everyone hates it.

Oh, yeah, and the book is....
The History of Love, by Nicole Krauss

I have heard great reviews from multiple friends and the awkward-looking teenage employee at Barnes & Noble told me they can't keep it on the shelves. Hopefully that's a good thing.

I won't be able to make it next week, so I'll see you all January 9th, 2009 at my apartment!

6 comments:

Amander said...

Sounds just fabulous! Can't wait to read it.

Thanks for picking a book Carly!

Amander said...

Also, I updated the schedule with Anne's and Bri's book picks too - THANKS!

Kristan said...

I'm excited to read this one! I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it next week, but I'll read this one over my break.

And Anne, seriously . . . 500 pages of Ayn Rand. Who has time for that :)

Hccm said...

Happy that I found your blog, because I am always looking for good books to read.

Thanks!

Robot Nine said...

Kristina P.- Glad to see you liked 'The Year of Living Biblically' Come play the Picture Puzzle January 7 and maybe win a FREE book.

Counselormama said...

See your comments on 3 BayBchicks, your profile pics makes me LOL everytime I see it! It's classic!