Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Notice the Quote of the Day

Okay, I'm not sure how many of you have been checking the blog, but I check it a lot. As in, every day. Mostly because I get to check blogs at work now. They're not blocked! Yeah! I'm glad you guys are excited about the blog, because I really am. Nick made fun of me the other day, he was like, "Are you still reading the book club books?" And I was like, "Uh . . . no. I'm just reading the same book that they happen to be reading." But anyhoo, I have a few posts I want to put up about A Year of Living Biblically, just to start some topics of internet conversation. I do not, however, want to give anything away about the book. So how do you think we should approach this???

Also, do you guys have access to make posts and things? I just wanted to check in to make sure I was doing my job:)


P.S. Did you guys read the bottom quote for today (August 26)? I think it was meant to be because it was by the one and only Keri Russell, a.k.a. my crossver. It was actually on an episode of Felicity, so technically, it was Felicity that said it. But I digress . . . my point is, Keri is deep, which is why I love her the way I do, or, uh, I mean, would if I were . . . whatever.

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I haven't even started reading the book yet! I'm still waiting for it in the mail. I would love for other people to post about it. I was talking to Amanda, and I wasn't sure if since it was my book, I had to post about it. I may get the urge to do so, but I didn't want to feel obligated, if that's OK.

And I think Amanda is planning on doing a whole post, dedicated to crossovers. Yay!

Nick and Lexie said...

No, I don't think there's any responsibility to post if its your book choice. I just sort of thought if someone had a particular part of phrase that they wanted to post, that they could. Or maybe it led to some topic of conversation. Whatever. And I can't wait for Mander's post about Crossovers. It better be good. I heard you guys are pretty busy at work these days.

Kristina P. said...

Yeah, we're busy at work building resentment!!

Amander said...

Okay, sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I kept on meaning to write on here, but I would just forget!

I am excited to start some online discussion of the book, and I was wondering how to go about it as well.

I think with a book like this, where there aren't really any "spoilers" it would be acceptable to just write a post however you want and then everyone can comment in the discussions.

But if there is a book where spoilers are possible, you can just write a one sentence post, and then write your real post in the comments. So when people want to read/contribute to the discussion, they can, but it won't be ruined for anyone.

I think a lot of our books wouldn't really matter if the discussion is on the blog, because we don't really pick great suspense books. But maybe that's just me. I don't ever care if I know the end of a book anyway.

What does everyone else think?